SCRIPTURE PASSAGE : GENESIS 22 : 1 – 18 (NIV)
1 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!”
“Here I am,” he replied.
2 Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.”
3 Early the next morning Abraham got up and loaded his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 He said to his servants, “Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you.”
6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, 7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, “Father?”
“Yes, my son?” Abraham replied.
“The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”
8 Abraham answered, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” And the two of them went on together.
9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the Lord called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!”
“Here I am,” he replied.
12 “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”
13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”
15 The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time 16 and said, “I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspringall nations on earth will be blessed,because you have obeyed me.”
SERMON INTRODUCTION :
• 1. It is not the will of God that everything we need and desire in life should only come to us through conventional or natural means.
• 2. God has purposed and ordained that certain blessings and breakthroughs should enter our environment through supernatural means.
• 3. There should be things in our lives that should happen by the “finger of God” – EXODUS 8 : 18-19.
• 4. Man can interfere with the natural but no man can interfere with the supernatural. What we receive through supernatural means no man can take it away from us.
• 5. There are instances in the Bible where God by-passed the natural to meet human need. God has given us the supernatural to compensate for what the natural cannot provide.
• Exodus 16: 4-6 – In the wilderness, God provided manna, meat, water, protection and His PRESENCE to the Israelites through supernatural means.
• 1 Kings 17:1-7 – God fed Prophet Elijah during the famine through a raven ( a black bird ).
• 2 Kings 4: 1-7 – God helped the widow to clear her debts through supernatural means.
• Luke 5: 1-9 – Jesus helped Peter to catch fish , a huge catch through supernatural means
• Matthew 17:24-27 – Jesus provided money for paying taxes through supernatural means.
MESSAGE : 8 KEYS TO A SUPERNATURAL LIFE IN CHRIST!
• God has established keys which can connect a believer to supernatural provision.
• 1. We must create ROOM for the LIVING Word of God. ( Not the advice and wisdom of man )
• God spoke to Abraham and he obeyed God’s word – EMPTYING OUR CUP (OUR LIFE) FOR HIS SUPERNATURAL LIFE,
• We cannot just build our lives on personal opinion and preferences.
• 2. We must Pass the God Sent Tests.
• God tested Father Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac and he passed the test. God’s Promises came after the test.
• Some of the things we go through are nothing but God sent tests to purify and build us up.
• – Discipline, Perseverance and Character Building (Changing the inner man)
• – Sins and Idols (Selfishness and idols must be emptied)
• – Conform to Christ-Like Image (Transformation to impact others)
• 3. We must operate with Extra Ordinary Obedience and Faith.
• What God asked Abraham to do demanded extra ordinary faith and obedience.
• Nehemiah – Rebuilding of Jerusalem’s broken walls.
• Ruth – A Moabitess – Following her mother-in-law Naomi back to Jerusalem in extreme conditions.
• Apostle Paul – Never looked back – 3 Missionary journeys – Extraordinary Life in Christ Jesus.
• Timothy – Young Pastor with courage to lead.
• 4. We should become People of BOLD Prophetic Confession.
• Notice what Abraham confessed in faith : Verse 5 – We will come back to you; Verse 8 – God will provide the lamb for sacrifice. Abraham got what he confessed. What you confess becomes your REALITY.
• Confess and Proclaim on the PROMISES OF GOD in the BIBLE.
• GOD is FAITHFUL TO HIS WORD.
• JESUS CHRIST – IS THE WORD OF GOD.
• 5. Develop a Culture of Risk and Courage
• There is a pattern inhibiting people from experiencing the breakthroughs in what they desired. Many passionately believed in the super-naturals but were not seeing it regularly. Christian life is supposed to be a supernatural life.
• “Pressing in” to see the MIRACLES, they were not actually “stepping out” to pray for themselves, for other people and for the nations. They were crying out for God to move miraculously but they themselves are not moving forward to rend the heavens and receive a supernatural breakthrough. Faith without action is dead. Press in to the “Holy of Holies” with courage and boldness. Persevere!!!
• 6. Use Personal Testimonies of Power and Restoration To Unlock Their Potential.
This is a simple but profound principle. God’s people constantly living in the realm of the supernatural.
• This communicates what is possible, and if God will use one person in that way He will use them as well in others. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forevermore. God does not change.
• Christians instinctively know they are designed to demonstrate the power of Kingdom; therefore actual testimonies reach deep inside to awaken those deep and profound areas in their life.
• 7. We should have room for Sacrificial Giving.
It’s sacrificial giving which opens the door of supernatural provision and answers to prayer.
• WHAT IS SACRIFICIAL GIVING?
• It is giving which leaves us with pain.
• It is giving which leaves you with nothing.
• It is giving in times of poverty and lack.
• It is giving your very best (Not tips).
• 8. ABIDING IN JESUS CHRIST. HE IS BOTH THE LORD AND ALMIGHTY GOD. — A
• John 15 : 4-5 (NIV)
• 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
• 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
• 8. ABIDING IN JESUS CHRIST. —- B
• 1. Thomas said to Jesus after His resurrection – “ My Lord and My God” ( John 20:28 ).
• 2. Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 3:10-11
• 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
JESUS CHRIST IS BOTH LORD AND GOD. HE IS THE RISEN LORD!
• Summary of the 8 SUPERNATURAL KEYS :
• 1. Room for God’s WORD
• 2. Pass the TESTS of GOD
• 3. Extra-ordinary OBEDIENCE and FAITH
• 4. Prophetic CONFESSIONS
• 5. Culture of Risk and Courage
• 6. Personal TESTIMONIES
• 7. Sacrificial GIVING
• 8. ABIDE in JESUS CHRIST
• Every child of God should have two (2) doors (natural and supernatural doors) in their lives through which blessings enter their lives and environment. In Christ Jesus, the door to supernatural answers are made available to every believer. Ask boldly and believe!
• What fails to enter through the natural door must enter through the supernatural door.
• “I have a great need for Christ; I have a great Christ for my need.” – Charles Spurgeon
• ” The same Jesus Who turned water into wine can transform your home, your life, your family, and your future. He is still in the miracle-working business, and His business is the business of transformation.” Quote from Author : Adrian Rogers on Transformation.
Writer‘s Note : Yes, we can live the supernatural life in Christ. Here are the keys to having that miraculous life that you have always desired. Use the notes freely for sharing and preaching. I have transferred them from my power-point slides. It is In point forms for easy reading. God bless!!! Ezra